The State Human Resource Management Council (SHRMC) shall provide a forum for human resource (HR) managers to share and discuss HR issues with peers and others and to recommend effective strategies and best practices for employee management to best serve the employees of state government and the citizens of Missouri.
To develop and recommend best practices and strategies for effective human resource management and to support the adoption and implementation of such practices by all agencies of Missouri state government.
To advocate for and actively partner with the Office of Administration, Division of Personnel in the development of compensation (pay plan) recommendations and to promote the consistent application of benefits to all state employees.
To recommend and support the implementation of consistent policies and practices, when possible, across all agencies of Missouri state government.
To identify human resource issues that impact the operation of Missouri state government and to recommend effective solutions to the appropriate entities and individuals in state government.
To provide a forum of learning through sharing of human resource management information and to provide ongoing professional continuing education for the HR professionals in Missouri state government.
To foster cooperation and coordination with local, state, and national SHRM and other human resources groups.
Meetings shall be open to all persons engaged in human resource management for the State of Missouri.
Electronic notification of meetings will be sent to the following persons (or their designated representatives):
- The chief human resource administrator of the sixteen executive branch departments.
- The human resource officers of executive branch divisions within departments with substantially independent human resource operations.
- The Director of the Division of Personnel in the Office of Administration.
- The administrators charged with human resource responsibility in the offices of elected officials, legislative and judicial branch offices, Missouri State Employees Retirement System (MOSERS) and the Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan (MCHCP) and other state government entities that request notification of meetings.
Other individuals may be invited and encouraged to attend the meetings of the SHRMC by department representatives as deemed appropriate for the agenda topics.
The voting membership for official action of the Council shall consist of the official chief human resource administrators of the sixteen departments or their official designees and the administrators charged with personnel responsibility in the offices of elected officials, legislative, and judicial branch offices, MOSERS and MCHCP.
The chairperson or co-chairpersons shall serve a one-year term. The chairperson(s) shall be elected at the April meeting and will begin serving in May.
Duties of the chairperson or co-chairpersons are:
- To preside at all meetings of the Council.
- To serve as spokesperson for the Council (unless a particular person has been designated for certain topics).